Note: this post is from 2005, outbound links may be broken.
Wave Arts releases Panorama 5
Panorama is a specialized tool for creating stunningly realistic 3-D audio scenes using regular stereo sound.
The DSP technology in Panorama reproduces psychoacoustic sound localization and distance cues, allowing you to pan sounds in three dimensions: not just left and right, but up, down, front, back, near, and far. Panorama combines 3-D audio panning with acoustic environment modeling, including wall reflections, reverberation, distance modeling, and the Doppler pitch effect. While primarily intended for headphone listening, Panorama also includes a crosstalk canceller for playback over conventional stereo loudspeakers.
- Position and move sound in three dimensions
- Uses Head-Related Transfer Functions (HRTF) to reproduce binaural sound localization cues.
- Integrated reverberation and distance cues
- Extensive control over dimensions and surface material of all six surfaces of the room
- Doppler pitch effect
- Full automation support for creating moving sounds
- Crosstalk canceller for loudspeaker playback
- NEW- Stunning new visual interface design
- NEW- Preset control for each section
- NEW- Up to 192K support
- Comprehensive native support-
- Mac OS X – AU/VST/MAS/RTAS
- Windows – DX/VST/RTAS
Check Wave Arts for more information and demo sounds. Demo versions for Windows and MacOSX are available.