WaveDNA updates Liquid Rhythm beat generation software
WaveDNA has announced a significant update to the full version of its Liquid Rhythm beat generation software, including powerful new MIDI sequencing and editing tools to create and remix drum patterns.
This can now be achieved either directly in Ableton Live clips via Max4Live as a plug-in, or as a stand-alone application. Additionally, the company has released Liquid Rhythm Intro, a condensed version of Liquid Rhythm to increase accessibility for the electronic musician, music producer, DJ and film/television composer communities of music creators.
Boasting a redesigned user interface and a host of new features, Liquid Rhythm enables increased workflow efficiency by shortening the time users spend composing and searching for the right rhythm. It analyzes MIDI data and suggests complementary beats. This allows users to quickly complete their productions or go in new directions without having to change the entire structure and notation of the piece.
“When our users tell us that Liquid Rhythm is helping them translate their creative ideas to finished compositions,” states Doug Mummenhoff, WaveDNA co-founder and CEO, “We know we are doing our job. But, we aren’t stopping there. Our company and team of developers are aligned with the vision of revolutionizing electronic music composition, one software app at a time.”
Liquid Rhythm’s newest software update allows users the ability to quickly access literally ten quadrillion rhythmic patterns, import pre-existing MIDI tracks created using their DAW of choice, and mine their huge library of loops and kits to quickly and easily create rhythmic compositions.
Liquid Rhythm features
- New: Ableton Live users can use Liquid Rhythm’s MIDI sequencing and editing tools directly in Ableton Live clips via a Max4Live patch. Seamless integration between the software applications improves production workflows.
- The Music Molecule is a new way to represent MIDI. It uses color-coded patterns to group together and show relationships between notes. This provides the power to access and edit multiple notes simultaneously.
- New: Intelligent Randomizer: Create drum tracks and fills by generating combinations of rhythm patterns from a library of presets.
- New: BeatBuilder: In a single click, populate multiple bars with the beat of your choosing from palettes of rhythm patterns. Easily experiment with variations using a sequencer that swaps individual notes with clusters of notes. Instantly switch to a shuffle, double-time, or half-time feel.
- Molecule Maps allow users to build beats in one or two clicks.
- Updated: Accent Modifiers allows users to adjust the velocity and groove of multiple notes simultaneously according to the Music Molecule’s color-coded accent patterns.
- BeatSeeker gives users the ability to find and use rhythm patterns that are common in specific genres.
- New: ReGroover instantly rearranges groups of notes by switching underlying accent patterns to discover and explore new musical ideas.
- BeatWeaver Rhythm Synthesizer creates and remixes drum tracks by exploring an extensive list of pattern variations across a bar of music.
- Updated: In-Line Molecule Editing gives users the power to edit MIDI notes directly in the arranger. Music Molecules are updated in real-time around all note edits.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/standalon) is available to purchase for $129 USD. Liquid Rhythm Intro (does not include BeatWeaver Rhythm Synthesizer, ReGroover, and Randomizer) is $49 USD. A 30-day Free Trail Version is available from the site.
More information: WaveDNA