Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Wavelore Instruments releases Pedal Steel Guitar for Kontakt
Wavelore Instruments has released Pedal Steel Guitar for Kontakt, a virtual pedal steel guitar sample library.
The new version of this cutting-edge library uses advanced KSP (Kontakt Script Processor) programming to allow independent bending of discrete pitches on a single MIDI channel, allowing users to craft their own original pedal steel guitar licks intuitively and in real-time. Users are afforded the opportunity to set up their own controllers for various expressive factors like the volume pedal, vibrato speed/depth, release sample control, and neck position selector.
“It’s very gratifying to have produced a version of this library for Kontakt”, says president and chief instrument designer Mark Belbin. “Now even more people, including Mac users, can enjoy a virtual pedal steel that can produce a practically unlimited variety of licks. Another benefit to having the Wavelore Pedal Steel Guitar available for Kontakt is that we can continue to enhance and expand the product’s capabilities, thanks to the flexibility of Kontakt’s script processing.”
Pedal Steel Guitar for Kontakt features
- Ten strings of E9th-tuned pedal steel guitar, totalling 1.9 Gigabytes of 24-bit samples for Native Instruments Kontakt 2 or 3.
- Allows independent pitch bending of all strings in nearly endless combinations, all on a single Kontakt 2 or 3 MIDI channel.
- 8-Way Round-Robin sampling for natural sounding repetitions of notes and phrases.
- Gives access to 24 neck positions via assignable MIDI CC#.
- Seperately assignable controls for vibrato speed and depth.
- Convolution Amp Modeling: 3 Amps with up to four reverb settings and multiple stereo/mono mic configurations.
- Realtime release sample control (pick damping and palm damping).
- MIDI Learn mode for all assignable controls and keyswitches.
- A feature-rich, dynamic performance view with three pages of clearly organized and intuitive controls for tweaking the instrument to your taste and style.
- Carefully chosen factory settings to allow unsurpassed out-of-the-box playability.
- A detailed user guide .pdf including a quick start guide and detailed info on operation.
Pedal Steel Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase now for $299.99 USD. A free trial version is available for download from the product page.
Customers who bought the original Pedal Steel Guitar library (GVI format) can request a free crossgrade.
Visit Wavelore Instruments for more information and audio demos.