Waves has released Center, an innovative new processor that separates phantom Center content from Side (L/R) content.
With Center, you can zero in on the phantom center and bring out or bring down the vocals without affecting everything else. Perfect for post-production engineers and DJs as well, Center lets you reposition, isolate, and even eliminate elements of your mix.
Using a unique dynamic engine which considers the amplitude, frequency, and time envelope of stereo sources, Center gives you the power to radically re-balance your spatial imagery. Adjustable punch, high frequency, and low frequency controls let you enhance detail with maximum impact.
Waves Center controls
- High controls balance of high frequency content between the Center and Sides. 0 – 100 (0=Center)
- Low controls balance of low frequency content between the Center and Sides. 0 – 100 (0=Center)
- Punch controls the spread of transient content between the Center and Sides. 0 – 100 (0=Center)
- Center controls the Center gain. +6dB to Off
- Sides controls the Sides gain +6dB to Off
- Master Gain controls the overall stereo gain. +6dB to -24dB
- Output Meters displays the stereo output after processing. 0 dBFS to -36 dBFS
- Center Detection Meter Displays the Center content of the stereo source
Waves Center is available separately ($800 USD for the TDM version) or in Diamond V6 and Mercury V6.
Visit Waves for more information.