Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Waves releases UM225 / UM226
Waves has released UM225 / UM226, two new stereo-to-surround processors, which bring Waves quality to the new surround soundscape.
Using patented center and rear channel extraction processes, together with a unique LFE channel enrichment process, the UM225 for 5.0 and the UM226 for 5.1 deliver improved surround imaging, for a wider soundscape with better separation.
UM225 / UM226 features
- Profile modes for music and movies.
- Enhanced clarity and separation of frontal center.
- LFE channel LoAir enrichment with cutoff-frequency control.
- Adjustable rear channel ambience and delay.
- Intuitive surround graph.
UM225 / UM226 is available in Native ($300 USD) and TDM ($600 USD) versions. Users of Mercury and 360° Surround Tools covered by Waves Update Plan get the plug-ins at no additional charge.
Visit Waves for more information.