Wobblophones has launched Blue Triangle, a spring percussion instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt and Ableton Live.
Sonically Blue Triangle represents the idea of a big sound in a small body.
Despite its angular shape, when plucked with a finger, its sound can be round and at times a bit like a gong or church bell. But when applying different articulations, such as scraping with a plectrum or striking with a rubber mallet, metallic, more industrial sound qualities emerge and rattle along with the Blue Triangle’s natural spring reverb.
As most of our Wobblophones do, the Blue Triangle has a strong presence of overtones (and “undertones”).
Blue Triangle features
- NI Kontakt 4/5:
- 3 octaves, covering 3 articulations and “body hits”.
- Ableton Live:
- A drum rack with 40 pads, covering 3 articulations and “body hits”.
- 3 round robin layers.
- 6 presets.
- 20 short “Blips” (Midi clips / Clips).
- Rubber mallet strikes with 5 velocity layers.
- Plectrum scrapes, Finger plucks, and Body hits.
The sample library is available to purchase for $15 USD/12.50 EUR/£10 GBP. A bundle with PriZm costs $50 USD/45 EUR/£35 GBP.