Wolfgang Palm has released WaveMapper 2, a greatly expanded version of the WaveMapper synthesizer app for iOS, with many new features, including the WaveMap and new resource merging possibilities.
PPG WaveMapper 2 comes with a very flexible synth engine, capable of playing material from classic wavetables as well as samples and a new type which we call “Time corrected sample” (TCS). This type still has the advantage of wavetables, which is totally random access of the material, but preserving the authentic sound of the original sample.
PPG WaveMapper 2 has three oscillators have independent control of the sound resources and access of the material. Each oscillator has its own WaveMap with up to 16 zones, filled with any combination of the resources. The control of the zones can be done by the keyboard, which we call Multi- tabling, or by a path that determines how the engine plays back the material.
The synthesizer is controlled by over 200 parameters, which can be directly programmed on the two editor pages. In addition to that there is the SoundMap that acts as a module manipulation tool, moving the 8 icons to different fields on the Map changes sounds. These fields are loaded with programs that then define the results of the morphing. Thus the user can setup their own “themes” of sounds they wish to generate with a setup. The morphing can be done rapidly or in an evolving morph from one sound into another.
The built in Analyzer lets you convert your own samples into resources the synth can use in its oscillators. WaveMapper 2 comes already with around 300 resources and a huge number of presets made by our sound design team from around the world. The browser page allows you to list and sort your sounds. besides that you can exchange single presets with another bank of sounds.
PPG WaveMapper 2 features
- 3 Audio Oscillators.
- Up to 16 resources assembled within a WaveMap.
- Audio engine with 4 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- ?3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations.
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, ringmod, and panning.
- 4 LFOs.
- Analysis of your own samples and conversion into wavetables and time-corrected samples.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator.
- ?Delay/Reverb effect.
- ?Directly accessible context help for each module.
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- Ribbon controller to bend the pitch to variable intervals.
- 4 Keyboard Modes, including mono and poly portamento.
PPG WaveMapper 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 99 EUR. For an introductory period a PPG WaveMapper 2 and WaveGenerator plug-in bundle is available for 149 EUR (offer lasts 28 days).