Wusik has released WusikGrooveBox, a drum-machine and groove-box solution, based on the same audio-engine as Wusikstation, with WusikSND support and all the Wusikstation effects.
- VSTi Synth based on the WusikEngine: 6 single Osc Layers, each layer with its own set of Filters and EQs.
- Extra options for the WusikSND format: Stereo-Pan (for mono sounds) and Choke-groups. This is accessible via the sample-editor and used only by the WusikGrooveBox.
- 8 Sequences on the screen, with a two-page-selector for a total of 16 Sequences.
- Each Sequence has 16 steps on the screen. Each step can be a drum-trigger and note-sequence. (each Sequence has an option of Drum or Note steps) A total of 64 steps can be set for each pattern, by using multiple 16-step windows.
- 8 Banks of 8 Patterns for a total of 64 Patterns per instance.
- Song mode, where you put the order of the patterns to be played. With option to Repeat Patterns and Loop the whole Song.
- Option to Sync the Clock External or Internally. (with the External Sync ON the sequence will follow the Hosts Transport Time, Position, Start and Stop)
- Each pattern has its own resolution: 1/16 or 1/32
- Each pattern has its own number of steps. To allow the creation of uneven patterns. Up to 64 Steps.
- Each Step has an option of 8 levels of Velocity (volume). This is optional, you can also use the Accent Part instead. For easier and quicker groove creation.
- A 9th Sequence on the screen, that holds the ACCENT sequence. This is OPTIONAL, as you can also set the volume of each Step manually. Or you can use this global ACCENT (volume) setting that will affect all sequences.
- Each Step has a SHIFT option, so you can add early/late steps directly without having to change the resolution (internally all steps are based on a 1/128 resolution).
- Each Step has FLAM option.
- Each Step has a Slide and Note-Off option, for complex Bass/Synth lines.
- Global Swing option.
- You can control the steps by using the Mouse, PC or MIDI keyboard.
- You can trigger patterns remotely by using the MIDI keyboard. With 3 modes: Off, Instant and Delayed.
- Global BPM Tempo or Per-Pattern Tempos. So you can do tempo changes on a Song.
WusikGrooveBox is available for Windows PC for $49.95 USD ($29.95 for a crossgrade) and two demo versions are available for download. Owners of both WusikGrooveBox and Wusikstation V5 can request a special Wusikstation Gbox version that has WusikGrooveBox integrated.
Visit Wusik for more information and audio demos.