Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Wusik updates Wusikstation to v5.8.0
Wusik has released version 5.8.0 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler for VST hosts.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.0
- New animated keyboard display at the bottom of the GUI. It also shows the current key-zones for the selected layer, and any possible key-switches with a different color. You can click on keys to audition presets. There’s a master Hide/Show option in the Global Contextual Menu.
- New Modulation-Matrix Destinations: All Envelopes Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release levels. (All Amp and Mod Envelopes)
- New Modulation-Matrix option: Real-Time. (ON by Default) When you have a Mod-Matrix slot that doesn’t need to be processed in Real-Time, you can turn this option to Off and save a lot of CPU usage. The processing will only be done when a new note is played.
- Several new options to the WusikSND format as described by the list below. (plus support for the same options on SFZ files)
- Added all the above new WusikSND options to the new Integrated Sampler-Editor.
- Disk-Streaming support for SFZ/WAV files. (16 and 24 bits – Layers O1, O2, O3 and O4)
- More SFZ op-codes: PITCH_KEYTRACK=0, PITCH_KEYTRACK=100, LOOP_MODE=ONE_SHOT, LOOP_START, LOOP_END, OSCILLATOR=ON, TRIGGER=FIRST, TRIGGER=LEGATO, TRIGGER=RELEASE, OFFSET, SEQ_POSITION, (aka Round Robin, starts at 1) SW_LAST, SW_DOWN, SW_UP, SW_PREVIOUS, (Key Switches, -1=Default and -2=SustainPedal) LORAND and HIRAND. (random sample selection on new note)
- SFZ Export added to the sample-editor. (thanks to Asseca)
- New Choke-Group: Stop All. When playing a sound with this group setting, all other notes will stop. In the SFZ support, this is group 999.
- SFZ files: Mono and Stereo samples can be mixed together in the SFZ file now.
- Changed: library compiler file checkings. It no longer checks if the library file link is active, making the library compile process much faster. If you moved files around, you need to use the ‘Fix’ tool instead. (file-browser->options->other options)
- Drag-and-drop of WusikPRST (Preset) files. (before it was WAV, WusikSND and SFZ files only)
- New Skin-Type 003. All Mod-Matrix parameters are hidden in the following layers: Master Mix, Master FX Edit and Wavesequencer Editor.
- When trying to load a WusikSND file that is missing, first, the code will try to open the same file-name with the .SFZ extention. If a SFZ file is found at the same location as the original WusikSND file, it gets loaded and the preset re-saved with the SFZ reference instead.
- Integrated Groove-Box Additions: Added Save/Copy and Load/Paste support for each lane configuration: volume, mode, drum-note, name, midi-out, destination, solo, mute, …
- WusikSND new options: Key Switching, Round Robin, Mode Legato, Mode Release, Sample Fine Tuning, Fixed Pitch Mode.
Wusikstation 5 is available as a VST instrument for Windows for $149.95 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit Wusik for more information.