Xfer Records releases Serum wavetable synth plugin
Xfer Records has announced the release of Serum, an advanced wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired – to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
- Two wavetable oscillators, consisting of up to 256 frames each.
- ‘Analogue’ styled Sub Oscillator.
- Noise Oscillator (.wav based with HQ resampling, one shot ‘attack’ option).
- Comprehensive wavetable editor:
- Import audio directly from audio files – Serum has a variety of methods and options for importing + analyzing audio (WAV or AIFF) for breaking it apart into individual waveforms. You can import single-cycle wavetables of course, as well as many at once (with in-built sorting options, or manual re-ordering).
- Draw directly on the waveform, with optional grid-size snapping and a variety of shape tools.
- Generate or modify/process waveforms using FFT (additive).
- Create or even process waveforms using formula functions.
- Morph between various wavetables using standard linear interpolation (crossfading) or via harmonic/spectral morphing.
- Processing menus allow you to do the other tasks you would want, such as apply fades, crossfades, normalize, export, and much more.
- Ultra-clean/low-aliasing, aggressively optimized SSE2 oscillators.
- Manipulate the waveforms in realtime in a variety of ways (including FM/RM/AM/Osc Sync/custom warp modes/user-definable remaps).
- Mod Matrix and drag-drop mod sources directly to destination knobs/controls.
- 89 filter types (Flangers/phasers/ladder/svf/zdf/combs/morphing/dual types, and more).
- Integrated effects rack with 10 re-orderable / modulator effects.
- Advanced unison parameters for custom tuning/stack/warp/depth/spread and more.
- Hundreds of factory presets and default wavetables made by many industry-acclaimed sound designers.
- Flexible break-point style LFOs.
- Visual feedback for modulator depths directly on knob destinations.
Serum is available for purchase for the introductory price of $129 USD through October 31st, 2014.