Xhun Audio has released IronAxe, a high-end physical modeling simulation of the electric guitar.
The result of two years of research and development, IronAxe reaches all the authentic beauty and expressivity of a real Electric Guitar by simulating the physics of all the acoustic and electronic components found in the original instrument, preserving the same nuances and multi-techniques playability impossible to perform on standard frozen-sounding sampled instruments.
- Physical Modeling simulation of real electronic and acoustic components.
- Get all the best of Physical Modeling with no compromises:
- Sound manipulation at the source core. Sound is actually generated, not sampled
- True-to-life sound realism and articulations playability
- Super smooth dynamics – no velocity layers
- Instrument and Presets load in a flash
- Small memory footprint ( for both RAM and Hard Disk )
- Installs in less than a minute
- An all-in-one complete Electric Guitar + FX / Stompboxes + Amp / Cabinets setup.
- Make in your productions complete and realistic Electric Guitar tracks with ease.
- Choose your Guitar model: Solidbody with 2 or 3 Pickups (more will follow).
- Excitation modeling: select the Plectrum hardness or pluck a String with fingers at any point along its lenght.
- Strings modeling: independent simulation of each of the 6 (different) strings, with the possibility to choose strings material, set tension values and other.
- Pickups modeling: select Pickups type (single-coil, humbucker, steelplate), number and place them into Guitar’s body.
- Performer’s modeling, allowing real-time multi-techniques playability (Palm Muting, Tapping Harmonics, Strumming, etc…) using a standard MIDI Keyboard.
- Native Guitar Control: in addition to the classic MIDI Keyboard control system, IronAxe is designed to be the ultimate tool for Guitarists – build your custom and physically accurate Electric Guitar and play it through a real MIDI Guitar for an unparalleled realism.
- Master Compressor and Equalizer.
- Four insert effects slots, featuring 10 analogue modeled Stompboxes (more will follow).
- Amp/Cabinet simulation, featuring 6 legendary Cabinets (more will follow).
- Full MIDI CC#s mapping.
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1/48/88.1/96/192 kHz.
IronAxe for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 129 EUR until May 20th, 2012 (regular 149 EUR).