XILS-lab announces XILS 3
XILS-lab has announced the XILS 3, a virtual instrument based on the of the architecture of a classic matrix based modular synthesizer.
Based on the architecture of the legendary EMS VCS3 synth, the XILS 3 is capable of creating
both ‘classic’ sounds and totally new ones. The XILS 3’s matrix design is capable of more than 450 connection permutations, offering more routing possibilities than any other commercially available virtual synthesizer. In addition, a built-in sequencer, based on the EMS 256 sequencer, can be used to create original and complex sequences.
The XILS 3 comes with hundreds of presets that provide instant access to a broad range of sounds and styles ranging from modern electronica to classic 1970s retro and experimental. You can also program it yourself to create your own unique sounds!
XILS 3 features
- Three aliasing-free oscillators : sine, ramp, square, triangle.
- One 2/4 poles low pass filter (a 3 pole self-oscillating mode is also planned).
- One envelope, based on two different designs, trapezoid and ADSR.
- One spring reverb.
- One ring modulator.
- One 128 steps sequencer.
- two output static filters.
- One joy stick.
- Three connection matrix.
- One input gate.
- One input envelope follower.
- One pitch tracker.
- One transient tracker.
- Mono/Unison/Polyphonic playing mode, up to 18 voices of polyphony.
- all parameters MIDI controllable.
- Many presets made by famous sound designers (Kevin Lamb, Chris Pitman, Cliff Douse, to name but a few).
XILS 3 will be available soon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for 220 EUR.
Visit XILS-lab for more information.