xoxos has released Hyperion, a semi-modular scaled algorithmic MIDI note generator suited for a wide range of applications.
Algorithmic generators can be used as performance tools, for the facile creation of sequences in composition, for accompaniment or inspiration.
Hyperion is designed primarily for melodic parts and capable of outputting three notes on three separate MIDI channels.
- Semi-modular architecture, each component can be driven by a selection of other components precedent to it in the modulation hierarchy.
- Each component has a source that it counts, and a source that resets it, for instance a sequencer might count measures and be reset by MIDI NoteOn (‘gate’) events.
- Structure your sequence in groups that can be modulated, ie. the 8th measure counts
- Output is recallable, and translates between scales and tempos.
- Output can be transposed using a MIDI keyboard and triggered with MIDI gate events, to
function as a complex phrase arpeggiator.
A manual with detailed information is available for download.
Hyperion v1.0 is free if you’ve previously donated $33 USD or more. It can be purchased separately for $25 USD.
Visit xoxos for more information.