xoxos releases mass-springs
xoxos has released mass-springs, a collection of two percussion synthesizers for Windows PC.
Mass and Cymbal both use mass-spring models to produce realistic dynamic and timbral effects.
- Impulse – the mass-spring network is induced into oscillation by applying a linear envelope to the first segment, representing a striking force.
- Mass-spring – to generate a number of detunable sine waves in response to impulse signals.
- Boundaries – limiting the mass-spring oscillation simulates the vibrational medium and introduces timbral caustics.
- High pass filter, band peak filter.
- Choke, (controllable with modwheel).
- Trim velocity responsivity of various parameters.
- Cymbal VSTi includes a noise source to accentuate the high frequencies.
- Mass VSTi includes a reverb intended for brief and subtle augmentation of the immediate decay of the massspring.
mass-springs is available for $15 USD. A demo version is available for download (includes a nice manual explaining the mass-spring model implemented in both instruments).
Visit xoxos for more information and mp3 demos.