Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Xylio releases FutureDecks Pro v2.0
Xylio has released version 2.0 of FutureDecks Pro, a DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
With FutureDecks Pro you can really mix your songs, nothing else needed but your imagination.
Beat-matching is just a click away and also are seamless beat-aware loops, effects and many other things.
All these thanks to a brand new audio engine.
Changes in FutureDeck Pro v2.0
- High-quality time-stretching (you need to activate it from the cfg window – requires intensive CPU resources).
- Pitch scaling/transpose (independent of tempo/speed) – used for harmonic/key mixing (use the FutureDecks tag editor to assign key values to songs that don’t have the key already set).
- Whole song audio stripe/waveform on position slider.
- Added Mix-In/Mix-Out (CUE In/Out) points used by AutoMix (can be edited just like regular cue points).
- Auto CUE In/Out (automatically detecting mix-in and mix-out points for the AutoMix feature if they are not present).
- Improved BPM detection and beat-matching (sync).
- Import the whole iTunes library or only distinct playlists (works with both normal and smart lists).
- Skin Designer application (released for Windows only at this time).
- Video window remembers position/screen and fullscreen mode.
- Hide mouse cursor when video is full-screen.
- Settings rework (all XML now).
- Cleaned up DirectX, fixed quality (as good as in OpenGL now), fixed aspect ratio when in full-screen.
- High-quality video setting for both DirectX and OpenGL (consumes more resources if activated).
- Better detection of external controllers.
- Browsing and loading songs directly from the controller for all Hercules controllers.
- New hardware controllers supported: Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2, Reloop Digital Jockey – IE2 (partial support).
- Changed loop controls name (“In” is now “In/Out” and “Out” is now “Exit”); the functionality remains the same.
- Automatically pausing the track when reaching end.
- Increased tempo/speed maximum range to +/-50%.
- A lot of small bugs and critical errors fixed, much more stable.
- Speed improvements.
FutureDeck Pro v2.0 is available to purchase for $99 / €79 / £59. The upgrade is free for those who purchased v1.x after August 1, 2009.
More information: Xylio