yedey has released TranceDrive, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
TranceDrive is a subtractive synthesizer, that was build for Trance music. That means, it has builtin supersaw oscillators for realy fat synths and pads, harsh filters, a trancegate and a hugh reverb effect.
- 3 main oscillators, each main oscillator supports 6 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, saw7, cry
- The waveform “saw7” is a supersaw with 7 detunable sub oscillators
- The waveform “cry” is an experimental waveform, it is built up with several hardsynced saws
- Main oscillator 2 has an additional unisono mode, when it is enabled, the whole oscillator triples its voice and the voices can be detuned from each other
- The oscillators can be chained (osc1 to osc2 and osc2 to osc3) using FM, PM and sync, these 3 options can also be used at the same time
- Seperate noise oscillator
- 3 LFOs, each supports 5 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, sample and hold
- The LFOs can be synchronized to the host tempo or run free at a specific frequency
- Each LFO can control multiple parameters of each OSC, you can even assign several LFOs to the same parameter
- LFO1 can control the filter cutoff
- 2 Envelope generators (Mod & Amp) with variable shapes
- The modulation envelope can control multiple parameters of each OSC, and it can also be mixed with the LFOs. Additionally it can control the filter cutoff
- 3 types of filters: lowpass, highpass and bandpass
- Each filter type can be set to 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB steepness
- 9 effects, and they can be used at the same time: gater, chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, delay, reverb, equalizer, stereo-effects
- Each of the unused parts of the synth is shown with less contrast, so you can focus on the active parts
- The output of the synth can be clipped to avoid overdriving noise. The clipping is done with a soft limiter, that can be used to compress the whole synth sound (just enable clip and turn up the main volume)
TranceDrive is available to download as a freeware instrument for Windows PC (VST/Standalone).