Yonac Software has announced the release of miniSynth PRO, a synthesizer for iPad.
Conceived and designed by the same team behind the original synth and the theremin for the iPhone OS, miniSynth PRO is a completely new, cutting-edge sound engine crafted especially, and deployed only, for the iPad platform.
miniSynth PRO is a fully-featured, professional-grade virtual analog synthesizer. It incorporates an improved version of the time proven zero latency “push-pull” Yonac keyboard algorithm that powers their existing synthesizers, and features a highly customized version of their original analog-clone “Vincent” tone shaping filter. More importantly, it marks the debut of the brand new YASSE (pronounced “Yah-See”) modular sound sequencing and synthesis engine, developed in Yonac labs over the last three years.
As a step up on its predecessors, miniSynth PRO is designed as an FM / Subtractive hybrid synth. Among other innovations, it features custom “Vari-wave” dynamic waveform selection algorithm, individually parameterized voice processing, and carefully selected waveforms driving its dual interactive oscillators and its five-destination LFO.
miniSynth PRO offers many other features to render music making easier. They include a dedicated arpeggiator module, dual individually adjustable keyboards, user control matrix, and 82 presets designed by actual musicians. Users are able to record their own performances, as well as save and recall any number of their own presets in the brand-new YPAT patch design format.
miniSynth PRO features
- Dual Subtractive / FM virtual-analogue monophonic synthesis.
- Fully configurable FM, filter or modulation based tone shaping.
- 44100, 16-bit CD-quality stereo audio output.
- Zero latency sound processing.
- Built on the brand-new modular YASSE synthesis / sequencing platform.
- Dual syncable oscillators.
- Six optimized, custom waveforms per oscillator.
- Dedicated oscillator octave, fine tune and mix.
- Osc 2-to-1 adjustable frequency modulation.
- Custom VCF (“Vincent”) w/ adjustable quadruple (Initial, Peak, Sustain, Final) stages and dedicated envelope.
- VCA (Amplifier) ADSR envelope.
- Noise generator w/ adjustable mix.
- LFO with 8-octave range and 6 waveforms.
- Dedicated LFO fine tune.
- Five individually adjustable LFO destinations (Osc1, Osc2, FM, VCF, Amp).
- LFO key syncing and phase reset.
- Control matrix w/ pitch shift (vertical) and filter modulation (horizontal).
- Adjustable continuous glide.
- Faithful monophonic, “latest-priority” keyboard control algorithm.
- Adjustable dual keyboards w/ individually settable key width & position.
- Option to have dual keyboards cover the whole screen, half the screen, or just to have a single keyboard.
- Option to wire upper keyboard to control the Arpeggiator and the lower for live performance.
- Custom-design arpeggiator module w/ four different note orderings; hold, track or trigger modes; 5-octave stepping w/ up to 5 repeats-per-octave.
- BPM-based arp timer w/ settable arp note value.
- Custom analog-tone stereo reverb w/ individually adjustable channels.
- Recording module w/ file saving and playback.
- 82 carefully engineered sound presets, including retro, bass and arpeggio programs and more.
- Users can save any number of their own presets.
miniSynth PRO will be available to purchase at the opening of the iPad iTunes Store for $9.99 USD.