Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Zero-G shipping Vocaloid Sonika
Zero-G is now shipping Vocaloid Sonika, a brand-new plug-in virtual vocalist modelled on the voice of a young girl pop singer, and powered by the latest Yamaha Vocaloid2 Singing Synthesis Technology.
Whether it’s sweet and pure leads, harmonies or backing vocals, Sonika can sing any word from the English language (and other languages too with a little work).
Sonika is also very well suited if you want to be adventurous and experimental, since her voice can be easily modified and shaped in many ways.
Vocaloid Sonika features
- Control over parameters: Changing syllables/phonemes, timing of each note, vibrato, volume, attack, crescendo or diminuendo, pitch bend, glide, resonance, harmonics, noise, brightness, clearness, gender factor.
- GUI: The VOCALOID Editor (score editing tool) of VOCALOID2 has a cool new look with improved user functionality.
- A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal: The synthesis engine of VOCALOID2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal.
- Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument): Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can “sing” using a keyboard.
- New functionalities and improvements: Much easier to use functionalities are newly implemented, which reduce workloads in creating your music. Existing functionalities are also improved.
- Note auditioning: If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.
- Transparent control track: Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once.
- Toggling between Playback and Rendering You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.
- Expression control: You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface.
Vocaloid Sonika for Windows PC (VST instrument) is available for purchase for $199.95 USD / 169 EUR / 114.95 GBP.
More information: Zero-G