Zoom announces R24
Zoom has announced the R24, a total music production solution.
Zoom takes its revolutionary R16 and turbocharges it with a sampler and drum machine, 8 additional recording tracks and 6 channels of phantom-power on the all-new R24. The R24 combines four production tools into one incredibly versatile device. In addition to 24-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R24 is a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
The R24’s new sampler function consists of 24 built-in voices that can be triggered using 8 pads and 3 bank keys to assign sounds to each track and create loops. Also, you can use the unit’s drum machine and its 400 rhythm patterns to create original backing beats, or simply output a metronome for tempo control. More than ever before, you have all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere.
Zoom R24 features
- Multi-track Recorder
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects.
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time.
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs.
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit.
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge.
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom power supply capability.
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adaptor included).
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
- Audio Interface
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software.
- 8 in / 2 out (8 x 2) via USB.
- Control Surface
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more.
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation.
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks).
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation.