Zynaptiq acquires IP of discontinued products and dormant technologies from Prosoniq
Zynaptiq has announced it has acquires IP of selected Prosoniq products and technologies.
Zynaptiq GmbH and Prosoniq Products Software GmbH announce they have recently struck an agreement that grants Zynaptiq the exclusive and transferrable usage, licensing, modification and intellectual property rights to various Prosoniq products and technologies that were put on hold during the transition to MacOS X.
The agreement includes:
- Rayverb, a real-time reverb processor that uses inverse ray-tracing technology. Rayverb allows creating a room model from an impulse response, and then enables the user to manipulate room characteristics such as size, material and geometry, morph between multiple room models and position the input signal anywhere within the modeled room’s sound-stage. Rayverb also allows exporting the manipulated room model as impulse response.
- Magenta, a polyphonic real-time resynthesizer. Magenta allows a live input signal to be used as time-varying waveform for real-time resynthesis and sound tweaking. Options include advanced signal transformation like metallization, pitch quantization, pitch- & formant-shifting, and more.
- PANDORA, a real-time voice separation/attenuation technology.
- APEM, a de-reverberator based on artificial neural networks.
- IRIDIUM, a de-noising technology based on pattern recognition and physical modeling.
- as well as over 70 other algorithms, including mastering grade dynamics, equalization and saturation, audio morphing, re-synthesis, feature extraction and many other unique sound design algorithms. The transferred IP also contains an industrial strength batch processing framework.
Zynaptiq will provide existing users of the acquired titles with an upgrade path when software derived from or related to these products becomes available. Specifically, APEM users are eligible for a cross-grade path to Zynaptiq’s UNVEIL de-reverberation plug-in, and will be contacted by Prosoniq in the following weeks.
More information: Zynaptiq