Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Zynewave updates Podium to v2.20
Zynewave has released version 2.20 of Podium, a professional music production software solution for Windows.
Podium is a modern production host that integrates audio recording, VST plugins and external MIDI and audio gear. An object based project structure allows for advanced media and device management.
Feature highlights: Hierarchic track layout, integrated sound editor, surround sound, spline curve automation, 64-bit mixing, multiprocessing and a stylish and customizable user interface.
Changes in Podium v2.20
- The default setup includes a new set of arrangement editors: "Tracks", "Editor", "Mixer", "Big Transport". Switching between the profiles can be done with the new editor profile bar located above the transport. Use the "load default setup" setup menu command to get the new default layout.
- The embedded editor view menu now includes editor profiles that have a timeline ruler. Selecting a profile with its own timeline ruler will detach the timeline zooming from the arrangement editor. The embedded editor remembers if the last selected profile had its own timeline.
- Added "editor profile bar" element to the toolbar properties dialog. A toolbar that includes this element will show a row of buttons with the names of all compatible editors. Clicking an editor button will switch to that editor. Right-clicking a button shows a menu with "Customize", "Duplicate", "Delete", "Move Left" and "Move Right" commands.
- Each MIDI and audio input can be assigned to multiple tracks by dragging the input object and holding the control key when dropping on a track. It can also be copied by using the new "Assign/Copy To Track" popup menu command in the inspector input list.
- The "auto-assign to focus track" option is added to the track/input submenu. Previously it was only available in the track inspector.
- When a track has an auto-assigned input, the input is shown on the track header. Previously auto-assigned mappings were only shown in the track inspector and the mixer.
- New arrangements will by default have the "auto-assign to focus track" option enabled for the first MIDI input.
- The device, preset, param and input popup menus in the mixer are now identical to the corresponding submenus in the track menu.
- Removed the "track layout mode" combobox setting from the arrangement properties. Tracks are now always shown using the compact mode.
- Removed the "set up audio input and VSTi" option from the new arrangement dialog.
- Added "create project template" and "create arrangement" options to the project start page. Enabling arrangement creation will no longer pop up the new arrangement dialog, but instead use default settings and go directly to the arrangement editor.
- Selecting the "Microsoft GS" synthesizer in the MIDI input interfaces setup will pop up a warning about the potential conflict with the ASIO driver.
- Removed the "editor type" setting from the Editor Profile Properties dialog. The editor type is now automatically determined from the regions that are included in the profile.
- The Editor Profiles dialog shows editor type info in the listbox.
- Added "texture image" fill type to the space region and modified the appearance of the "recess" fill type.
- Added "Browse Podium Video Tutorials" command to the Help menu. This will open the new ZynewaveDotCom channel on YouTube.
- Fix: Drag and drop of a device mapping on a track now checks if the mapping is already assigned in the track effect chain. This eliminates the problem where accidentally dragging an effect mapping in the track header would create a duplicate instance.
- Fix: Switching editor profiles could cause some key shortcuts to be disabled.
Podium is available for Windows PC for $50 USD (includes one year of free upgrades).
More information: Zynewave