2CAudio has released version 1.0.1 of Kaleidoscope, a sound design tool and advanced creative effects plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It’s a trip! Kaleidoscope is the ultimate sound-design tool and creative effects toy! It is an entirely new class of visual audio effects processors and is one of the most unique generative signal processing tools to come to market in recent history.
Technically speaking, Kaleidoscope is a massively parallel bank of physically modeled resonators that can be tuned completely arbitrarily with scientific precision and dynamically modulated over time by over two million points of automation. In simplistic terms, Kaleidoscope uses pictures to control sound!
Changes in Kaleidoscope v1.0.1
- Dramatically improved efficiency for String Resonators.
- Additional improvements to efficiency for all other aspects of the algorithm.
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper use with systems that had more than 16 physical cores.
- Additional misc fixed an enhancements.
Known issues to be resolved in version 1.0.2:
- Retina Display issues affecting some Mac Book Pro models.
- Additional improvements to buffering scheme for some hardware devices.
Kaleidoscope for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until March 1st, 2015 (regular $249.95 USD). The bundle with the Architecture Volume 01 KS add-on is $249.95 USD during the introductory period (regular $324.95 USD).