3 Sigma Audio has announced the release of its distortion plugin Tactical Nuke, a creative effect inspired by hybrid analog/digital wavetable distortion devices.
From more gentle analog style distortion, to absolute digital destruction, Tactical Nuke allows you to turn any signal into something new and unique. With 512 built-in wavetables, and the ability to import your own, the possibilities are limitless.
Tactical Nuke features
- Preamp distortion: Warm, analog style distortion that can range from subtle warmth to extreme guitar pedal distortion.
- Tone: By-passable tone control to adjust the frequency characteristics of your signal. This is located before the preamp distortion to give the most tonal flexibility.
- Sample reduction: Lowers the sampling rate of the incoming signal to create exaggerated aliasing and artifacts.
- Oversampling: With heavy distortion comes heavy aliasing. Oversampling keeps the output free of aliasing.
- Wavetable distortion: The centerpiece of Tactical Nuke; wavetable distortion uses a small clip of audio, a “wavetable”, as a waveshaper for the signal. Tactical Nuke comes with 512 tables, up to two of which can be selected and blended between. Tables can also be imported for endless variety.
- Bit manipulation: Tactical Nuke comes with 3 ways to manipulate the digital amplitude of a signal:
- Bit crushing: Lowers the bit depth of the signal anywhere from 16-bits to a single bit.
- Masking knob: Does a bit mask of the signal with a given integer based on the number of bits the knob is set to.
- Bit buttons: The same as bit masking with a knob, except it gives full control over each bit to experiment with.
- Output filter: Since extreme distortion can cause some unpleasant harshness, this two pole, slightly resonant output filter is there to tame high frequencies to desirable levels.
- Multi-resolution UI: Tactical Nuke’s UI is automatically adjusted to suit any display resolution. All modern resolutions are supported from 1080p to 4k.
The plugin is available in VST3, AU and AAX formats, priced at $35 USD.
More information: 3 Sigma Audio