A.O.M. Audio Plugins has released Sakura Dither, a dithering effect plugin that 4 types of dither to convert the input floating-point signal to an output 8/16/24 bit integer signal.
Nowadays, typical digital audio workstations employ floating-point internal precision. However, for distribution media like CD or streaming, we still need to convert our masters to 16 or 24 bit integer formats. These conversion easily introduces sound degradation caused by re-quantization errors. Dithering is a technique to suppress requantization errors on bit depth reduction by adding slickly crafted random signal.
Sakura Dither is a dithering plugin. It works on the final slot of mastering effect chain, converts input floating-point signal to output 8/16/24 bit integer signal. With well-tuned four types of dither characters, you can add a final touch to your masters.
Sakura Dither features
- Output bit depth: 8bit / 16bit / 24bit.
- Premium four dither types, tuned by master-class audio engineer:
- Type 1: Natural / Transparent.
- Type 2: Open / Wide.
- Type 3: Warm / Slight de-essor feelings.
- Type 4: Electronic / Enhancement.
- Auto-Black process mutes signal when input signal is enough low.
- Input and output bit depth meter.
- Supports 44.1k – 192kHz Sample Rate.
- 64-bit Floating-point Internal Precision.
- Latency Compensation.
- Factory Preset.
- A/B Comparison.
- Reset to Default.
Sakura Dither (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $149 USD. You can also get a 1 year license for $37 USD.
A.O.M. Audio Plugins has also updated its plugins to version 1.9.0, fixing a bug in Invisible Limiter G2. The update also removes obsoleted denormal number treatment code from all plugins.
Note that A.O.M. plugins no longer include support for OSX 10.7 Lion and OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.
More information: A.O.M. Audio Plugins