Applied Acoustics Systems has released Sting Studio VS-3, a major update to the one-of-a-kind string oscillator synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
String Studio VS-3 is now 2-voice multi-timbral. It also features new performance modulators, new signature sounds and many improvements.
String Studio VS-3 is a synthesizer in which a collection of unique string oscillators replaces the traditional VCOs, DCOs, and operators as the main sound source. Consisting of picks, bows, and hammers interacting with a modeled string, these oscillators offer a special blend of modern and creative synthesis. Augmented with a soundboard, classic filters, an envelope generator, a LFO, and studio-quality effects, String Studio VS-3 proposes a brand-new path in the quest for tone.
“This new version is all about adding new dimensions to the distinctive sonic signature of String Studio,” says Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems.
“String Studio VS-3 is now multitimbral. Combining two independent String Studio synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer modulators that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process. Most importantly, a huge effort has been put into the factory library to exploit all these new possibilities. Each and every sounds were fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments. We’re confident that you’ll love this new iteration of String Studio.”
Changes in String Studio VS-3
- Two-voice multitimbral: Two independent timbres are combined (either stacked or split) to create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Modulators: Two performance modulators per layer respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features effect and morphing assignments that can be played in real time for enhanced expressiveness and sonic dimension.
- Updated Factory Library: Each and every sound was fine tuned with a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling real-time sound transformation assignments.
- Signature Sound Packs: Four brand-new signature sound packs with 227 new sounds created by top sound designers Richard Devine, Christian Laffitte, Thiago Pinheiro, and Daniel Stawczyk.
- Improved sound browser with category sort. Shortcuts to categories and tone qualities provide a quick way to jump right where you need to be.
- Improved filters can now put up with extreme modulation while remaining totally musical.
- Multi-Effects Module now sports reverb, equalizer, compressor, and guitar amplifier processors.
- Compatible with String Studio VS-2 sounds.
- Support for the Scala scale file format as well as reference note frequency tuning for microtonal music making.
Also available now is String Theory, a sound pack by sound designer and audio engineeer Adam Pietruszko, featuring 110 presets for String Studio VS-3 and the free AAS Player.
With String Theory, Adam Pietruszko takes meticulous advantage of String Studio VS-3’s two-voice multitimbrality and MIDI-controlled sound variations features to deliver rich, complex, and refined sounds.
From strings to a wide selection of basses, leads, plucks, pads, and keys, with tonal qualities ranging from acoustic, through electric, up to far-out synthetic, String Theory forms a sweeping collection that will tackle any musical genres with ease.
And with presets notes, Adam Pietruszko shares a tremendous amount of insight about synthesis as well as expert information to take full advantage of String Studio VS-3’s capabilities.
String Studio VS-3 is available now at a suggested retail price of $199 USD. Upgrades for String Studio VS-1 and VS-2 registered users are priced at $79 USD.
Until January 21st, 2019, everything String Studio VS-3 is offered with an introductory discount of 50% and include the newly released String Theory sound pack by sound designer Adam Pietruszko, an extra $39 USD value. Introductory prices are as follows:
- The String Studio VS-3 plug-in $99 USD.
- The String Studio VS-3 +PACKS bundle $149 USD.
- The String Studio VS-3 Upgrade + String Theory for String Studio VS-1 and VS-2 users $39 USD.
- All String Studio VS-3 sound packs $19 USD.
String Studio VS-3 +PACKS bundles the String Studio VS-3 plugin, the new String Theory sound pack, and 7 additional sound packs.
String Studio VS-3 is also included in the Modeling Collection and The Integral bundle, which are also 50% off during a Holiday Blowout Sale.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems