Ableton has announced the release of two new partner instruments: Sonica Japanese Taiko Percussion and AAS Journeys.
Sonica Japanese Taiko Percussion is a collection of Japanese taiko sounds that perfectly captures the epic thunder, majesty, and subtlety of these massive traditional drums.
Taiko, Japan’s famous traditional drums, are growing in popularity around the world due to the emergence of taiko groups and their spectacular live performances. Sonica Instruments has packaged the heart-stopping low end, bombastic volumes, dynamic rhythms and unmistakable sound of five taiko percussion instruments in an impeccably recorded and crafted library. Performed by Ikki Hino, famed for his intricate taiko stickwork, and produced by sound creator and composer Tomzuin H, Japanese Taiko Percussion gives the curious musician and sound producer access to a vivid, unexplored world of percussive expressions.
Sonica Japanese Taiko Percussion features
- Perfect reproduction of five traditional Japanese instruments — an ohdaiko (large taiko about 108 centimeters in diameter), a chudaiko (mid-sized taiko at about 60 centimeters in diameter), two varieties of shimedaiko (smaller taiko, a mere 40 centimeters round), and a kane (a hand symbol).
- Four-channel recording of each instrument with two direct microphones and an overhead stereo microphone for maximum mixing flexibility.
- Extensive range of essential taiko articulations in addition to regular hits for virtually endless expressive possibilities.
- Left and right hits recorded separately at up to 47 velocity layers each (total of 94 velocity layers).
- Left and right hits assigned to different keys to give a genuine sense of playing the taiko on a keyboard.
- Collection of performers’ calls and shouts.
- More than 1,000 original MIDI grooves performed by Ikki Hino.
- Includes 14 Drum Racks, 86 Live Sets containing 1025 Clips.
AAS Journeys is a set of 128 Tension sounds for Ableton Live ranging from acoustic-like instruments to organic landscapes.
Journeys is a set of 128 Tension sounds for Ableton Live. This collection is master sound designer Gregory Simpson’s endeavor to create sounds that evoke the essence of other times, places or cultures. This collection will get you traveling from ancient to modern times, from Asia to Africa and everything in between — all with the intrinsic acoustic quality of Tension as your passport.
Journeys draws on the great strengths of physical modeling and the unique sonorities of Tension. Each of these presets is almost an instrument in itself, and reacts to user expression in a very natural and powerful way. From acoustic-like instruments to organic landscapes, Journeys is a great source of inspiration.
Sonica Japanese Taiko Percussion is available to purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD, AAS Journeys is 29 EUR / $39 USD.
More information: Ableton