Ableton has released version 9.1.2 of its Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Live 9.1.2
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for Akai APC40 MKII, APC Key 25, APC mini.
- Updated control surface documentation.
- Improved readability of text in clips, tracks, chains and macro controls. The text color is now automatically inverted, depending on the background color.
- Bug fixes:
- Live would show cryptic error messages in case it detects and repairs a corrupt database. Now it shows something more meaningful.
- Looped clip envelopes could have an incorrect length after unlinking the envelope, linking it again and then moving the clip from Session View to the Arrangement View.
- MIDI data from the computer MIDI keyboard or an external MIDI input could have a huge delay after plugging a cable into the computer’s headphone jack (Mac OS X only).
- When overdubbing a MIDI clip in the Arrangement View, the resulting clip would not be cropped to the correct content, but would contain all other notes of the track.
- A playing clip in the last scene would stop playing when deleting a scene above it.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when recording automation over a loop jump in a Session View clip when the Arrangement View’s loop is active.
- Plug-in parameters of certain VST plug-ins would not instantly update on the custom plug-in window after changing presets.
- The AU versions of UAD powered plug-ins would not release their DSP resources when turning them off in Live, even if the option “Release all UAD DSP resources on AudioUnit bypass” was enabled in the UAD control panel.
- Loading a set containing many disabled UAD AU plug-ins may have resulted in a “UAD bandwidth allocation exceeded” error while loading the set.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when quitting Live via the Mac OS X App Switcher (CMD+TAB).
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Mac OS X when quitting the application while Live is buffering samples.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 64-bit version when triggering multiple voices in Sampler and having the Shrink/Expand Envelopes feature enabled.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in the 32-bit version of Live when loading presets containing a very large amount of devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur under certain conditions when moving scenes and then using Undo.
- Live 9 Intro or Lite would crash when importing an audio clip which uses the Complex or Complex Pro warp mode (Windows only).
- Changes for Push:
- It wasn’t possible to edit device parameters if a track’s input routing was set to “No Input”.
- Live would record MIDI notes at the wrong position when using Push’s Note Repeat function and having the track’s monitoring switch set to “No Input”.
- Audio clip recording could be interrupted when choosing another track with Push, even if Exclusive Arm is deactivated in Live’s preferences.
- When selecting a track, the Melodic Step Sequencer would sometimes not select a page in the currently playing clip.
The update is available as a free download for all owners of Live 9 Suite, Standard, Intro and Lite.
More information: Ableton