Acon Digital has announced the release of Acoustica 6, a major new version which introduces multitrack editing for the audio editor for Windows.
Acoustica is a comprehensive audio editor for recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The intuitive user interface was designed with speed, accuracy and ease-of-use in mind and offers a large set of high quality processing tools to make your recordings sound the best. The consistent workflow simplifies your audio production work and batch processing, powerful audio restoration tools as well as Red Book compatible CD burning is also included.
Changes in Acoustica 6
- Multitrack Editing (Standard and Premium Edition only)
- Create as many audio tracks as you want.
- Apply effect chains to tracks or master track.
- Clips can easily be looped and stretched.
- Add transitions between clips by simply overlapping them in the time line. Several transition curves are available.
- Double click a clip to open and modify the content in an audio editor window.
- Mix-down to 5.1 and 7.1 surround formats (Premium Edition only).
- New Phase Linear Equalizer (Premium Edition only)
- Phase linear six band parametric equalizer.
- Six different filter types.
- No frequency warping when close to the Nyquist frequency.
- Variable bandwidths and filter slopes (from -3 to -120 dB / oct.).
- New Audio Restoration Tools (Premium Edition only) – Acoustica Premium Edition now includes the same tools as found in the Restoration Suite:
- DeNoise is a plugin designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise.
- DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
- DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle.
- DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
- Upgraded Processing Tools (Standard Edition only) – Acoustica Standard Edition 6 includes several of the high quality processing tools that were earlier only available in the Premium Edition:
- Superb quality time stretching.
- Transpose tool (pitch shift) based on the new time stretching engine.
- New reverb with much better control over the room and filter parameters.
- The parametric equalizer now offers six different filter types – low shelf, peak, high shelf, high pass, notch and low pass.
- Other Improvements
- Improved VST preset handling which is more consistent with how presets are managed for the internal processing tools.
- Automatic recovery of recording audio if the computer shuts down unexpectedly during recording.
- WAVE64 – support for files bigger than 4 GB now also in the Basic and Standard Edition.
- The Basic Edition now includes MP4 and AAC import and export filters (only on Windows 7 or higher).
Acoustica 6 for Windows is available to purchase for $39.90 USD (Standard) / $119.90 USD (Premium). A free Basic version is available to download at no cost.