Acon Digital has announced version 1.6 of the Restoration Suite, a plugin suite for audio restoration work.
The latest version contains a brand new declipping algorithm and brings quality improvements to the denoiser. The new version of DeClip is able to restore audio material that is much more severely damaged than the earlier algorithm. Also new is the automatic detection of threshold levels based on the audio input signal. In most cases, a click on the new Detect button is now sufficient to set the threshold values and ensure optimal reconstruction of the signal.
The new denoising algorithm is more transparent and introduces less processing artifacts than in the earlier version. The graphical user interface of all the four plug-ins in the suite are now resizable.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.6
- Brand new algorithm in DeClip allows reconstruction of severely clipped material.
- New Detect button in DeClip adjusts threshold levels automatically based.
- on input audio.
- DeNoise has been improved for even more transparency and less processing artifacts.
- DeHum now removes hum from the very beginning of a clip if the fundamental frequency.
- is set accurately.
- The graphical user interface is now resizable.
- Fixed code signing issues under OS X.
- OS X installer now lets users choose which plug-ins to install (AAX, AU or VST).
The Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Restoration Suite customers and is available from the Restoration Suite product page.