Acousticsamples has released UKU, a virtual ukulele instrument for UVI Workstation.
UKU can both play strums and solo notes, but not only. A user can play any chord, any voicing, and create their own, and then play them using finger strumming, finger picking or patterns.
Acousticsamples used a common Kala 4 strings concert ukulele (GCEA tuning) and sampled it very deeply, all frets of all strings with upstrokes, downstrokes, round robins, releases, staccatos, mutes, palm mutes, hand blocks, slides, hammer ons, pull offs, retriggers, fretnoises, percussions other articulations.
- Strumming machine: The UKU can strum, in various ways, up, down, muted, in legato and allows finger picking.
- Chord recognition: Recognizing a chord is made through a database of thousands of standard ukulele chords, and you can edit every one of them or add your own.
- Realistic patterns presets: You can choose from a large selection of patterns to create a full song in a few clicks.
- Pattern maker: Creating realistic ukulele patterns has never been easier. You can create strumming, picking, or finger picking patterns in seconds and then share them with other users.
- Song Builder: Sometimes playing a series of chords can be complicated, especially if you are not an advanced keyboardist. The song builder allows you to decide which chord will be triggered when selecting only one note.
- Lossless compression: The UKU is using the popular FLAC lossless compression format.
The UKU library is available for purchase for 69 EUR. Requires UVI Workstation 2.5.10.