Acousticsamples has announced Urban Drums, a tight drum set build around a 13′ piccolo snare drums, perfect for hip hop, neo soul or even electro music productions.
This kit is made of elements from different brands, a 20ʼ Yamaha Bass Drum , a 13ʼ Tama metalwork piccolo Snare , a 12ʼ Hi Tom , a 16ʼ Floor Tom , a 14ʼ Zildjian medium crash , a 14ʼ Zildjian crash , a 13ʼ Paiste Hihat and a 20ʼ Zildjian jazz Ride.
We recorded every element with 3 microphone positions, a pair of overheads, a microphone above the top head and another under the bottom head and we added a synth kit. You have access to a mixer on the front interface to be able to enable, mix and pan each position.
Urban Drums features
- 2014 samples, 1.83 Gb of samples.
- 3 microphone positions plus synthesized samples for each drum that you can mix and/or disable from the interface.
- up to 20 velocity layers per element.
- 4 round robins for each element.
- Custom mapping, you can assign every element to any key simply by pressing a key and assigning a sample.
- Mappings presets: GM, V-DRUMS, IMAP, NSKIT (NDK) or default one.
- Stereo and Multi-output versions to make the mixing possibilities even easier.
- Hihat with 5 levels on openess and triggering from one key depending on a controller value (any controller) and automatic closing sound.
- Playable instrument, right hand and left hand mappings.
- Detailed snares, 4 different hit positions for the snare plus auto roll script.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
The sound library comes with the UVI Workstation 2 and is compatible with MOTU MachFive 3. It is available to purchase for 69 EUR / $85 USD.