Akai Professional has announced the release of its new standalone music production/DJ performance device. Force features clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch multi-touch display.
Force is designed for the user who wants a standalone product with the latest in modern workflow techniques, free from being connected to the computer. Force is the first standalone
music production device that truly captures the modern clip-based workflow.
Force features an 8×8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O. Together, this comprehensive versatility affords the user an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, while remaining totally free of the constraints of being tethered to a computer.
Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, plus the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single easy-to-use package. Force also has the ability to record eight stereo tracks.
- Standalone – no computer required.
- 8×8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs.
- 7″ color capacitive multitouch display.
- Mic/Instrument/Line Inputs, 4 outputs.
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8″ TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included).
- (4) configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup.
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays.
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time.
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines.
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks.
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included).
- 2 GB of RAM.
- Full-Size SD card Slot.
- User-expandable 2.5″ SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD).
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers.
Force will be available in the US on February 5th, 2019, priced at $1,499 USD. It will be available in international markets this February.
In-depth Ableton Live integration and Splice integration is scheduled for March.
More information: Akai Professional