Akai Professional has announced the launch of its highly anticipated standalone semi-weighted production synthesizer keyboard. The MPC Key 61 includes 25 unique plugin instruments with the most modern sound design textures and tonality for all genres of music, making it a powerfully versatile tool for the music creative of today.
MPC has been a mainstay of contemporary production for decades, and has always defined chart-topping hip hop, pop and all variations of electronic music. The standalone MPC platform has built on that rich history with innovative mixing and instrument plugins, an intuitive user interface, and a wealth of technology that embraces the modern music producer.
At the heart of MPC Key 61 are the sounds, including 25 unique plugin instruments with the most modern sound design textures and tonality for all genres of music. From timeless acoustic to futuristic synth, the full sonic capability of MPC Key 61 runs the harmonic spectrum.
“Sound has always been the hallmark of MPC,” said Dan Gill, Akai Professional Senior Product Manager. “Our punchy and warm sampling, unique swing and groove, and lock-tight sequencing have all been heard on countless major music productions. We’re extremely excited to build on that heritage with a new industry benchmark. We’ve added a remarkable set of plugin instruments and production tools for the modern music creator. MPC Key 61 equips every music maker from any genre with a diverse palette of inspirational sounds and tools to craft chart-topping hits of today—and even develop the new signature sounds and styles of tomorrow.”
MPC Key 61 features
- 25 cutting-edge instrument plugins.
- Expressive 61-key semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch.
- Powerful 4gb RAM / Quad Core Arm Processor – no need for a computer.
- 16 RGB velocity-sensitive MPC Drum Pads with aftertouch and Note Repeat.
- Assignable Touch Strip controller.
- 2 Mic/Line/Instrument inputs with high-end mic preamps.
- Onboard Audio Interface with premium AD/DA converters.
- Vibrant 7” color Touch Screen with Multi-touch & Gestures.
- Powerful 128 track MIDI sequencer.
- Onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.
- 4 assignable Q-LINK Controller Knobs.
- Pitch Bend/Modulation wheels.
- Dedicated Transport section.
- Accepts Class Compliant audio interfaces and MIDI devices.
- 4 discrete Line outputs.
- 8 audio tracks.
- 8 CV/Gate output jacks for modular integration.
- MPC2 Desktop Software DAW for Mac/PC included.
MPC Key 61 is priced $1,899 USD (MAP) / 1,999.99 EUR or £1,699.99 GBP (MSRP). MPC Key 61 users will also receive a free update to the MPC 2.11 desktop software.
More information: Akai Professional