Akai Professional has announced availability of the MPC Live II, an update to the portable music production workstation featuring a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and built-in monitors.
Like the MPC X and MPC One, MPC Live II operates as a fully standalone music production centre. MPC Live II is powered by MPC software – a unique hardware / software ecosystem that empowers users with the legendary, feature-rich workflow that has been used on countless hits since the introduction of the MPC series.
The 7-inch, multi-gesture touchscreen enables producers to access all the features needed to create a beat or a recording from start to finish. MPC Live II also adds 5 new hardware buttons to improve the editing workflow. With features including Mute, Time Correct and Mix, users can edit and tweak tracks without skipping a beat.
MPC Live II features
- Standalone MPC (no computer necessary).
- Natively powered by MPC 2.8 software.
- Built-In stereo studio monitor speakers.
- Internal rechargeable battery – up to five hours of on-the-go use.
- Four TRS CV/Gate jacks (eight outputs total).
- Brilliant 7-inch multi-touch display.
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity.
- 16GB included content.
New to Akai Professional’s standalone, multi-core powered MPC Series is MIDI Multi capability. The MPC Software 2.8 update transforms MPC Live II into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centrepiece.
Now users can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in their studio, including class-compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging MPC Live II’s I/O capability.
Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesiser, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC Live II forms the beating heart of any production setup.
MPC Live II features
- MIDI Multi allowing users to record multiple MIDI or audio tracks simultaneously.
- USB MIDI input and output support to work with any class-compliant MIDI device.
- MIDI layering capability.
- Time Correct enable/disable toggling.
- Q-Link overlay display.
- Edit Pad Map.
- Available for MPC One, MPC Live, MPC Live II and MPC X.
The MPC Live II is priced $1,199 USD.
More information: Akai Professional