Akai Professional has announced the release version 2.2 of its MPC Software, introducing a number of user-requested features and functionality enhancements.
The update enables owners of non-MPC hardware to control MPC 2 Software. It also includes other creative workflow features including Generate Random Events, and Humanize.
“MPC 2.2 advances the user experience in amazing new ways,” said Dan Gill, Akai Pro Product Manager. “The MIDI Learn and MIDI Control features are now available in both standalone and controller modes, introducing all sorts of new workflow and creative possibilities.”
Changes in MPC Software v2.2
- MIDI Learn (Global): MPC Software can now be controlled by external MIDI surfaces other than the MPC, such as keyboards and pad controllers. This includes 3rd-party products.
- MIDI Learn (Project): Automatable parameters (volume, pan, etc.) can now be controlled by external surfaces such the faders on a MIDI mixer or rotary knobs on keyboard controllers.
- Humanize: Users can now add randomization to the timing or velocity of MIDI events. This is great for grooves that are slightly “out-of-the pocket.”.
- Generate Random Events: MPC can generate random melodic and drum patterns across the timeline.
- Many more workflow and stability enhancements.
The update is highly recommended for all current MPC X, MPC Live and MPC Software 2 owners.
This update is free for existing MPC 2 Software owners. Upgrades from MPC Software version 1 start at $99.99 USD, new purchases from $199.99 USD.
More information: Akai Professional