Alex Shore has introduced the JP-4c, a free virtual instrument for Reaktor, designed to emulate the Super Saw sound introduced in Roland’s JP-8000 synthesizer.
The JP-4c is built upon a combination of research conducted by myself and other individuals, with the patch being able to effectively emulate the original Super Saw’s unique timbre.
Detailed research and analysis of the Super Saw found that the oscillator exhibits some interesting characteristics giving it a particular sound.
- Super Saw Oscillator – Effective emulation of Roland’s original layering of seven sawtooth waveforms.
- Filter – Selectable Low Pass, Band Pass and High Pass with key follow.
- Modulation – LFO, Filter Envelope and Pitch Envelope.
- Effects – Tone Control, Distortion, Reverb, Delay and Portamento..
- 32 Factory Presets – 12 Leads, 8 Pads, 5 Plucks, 4 Basses and 2 Effects.
The JP-4c is a free download. Requires Reaktor 4+ full version (Reaktor 5.8+ recommended).