Alto Professional has introduced BAT, an XLR-equipped rechargeable Bluetooth receiver that converts previously hardwired mixers or powered loudspeakers into wireless reception devices, free from restrictive, cumbersome connection cables.
Recognising that signal cabling in the set-up logistics of professional sound installations is very often a daunting obstacle standing in the way of a smooth-working system, Alto Professional’s BAT provides a way for set-up people to avoid the hassles and inconvenience of hard-wiring their system. It’s not only difficult to physically lay down signal cables and snake them around corners or to different levels, the cables themselves often pose a safety/tripping hazard that can result in signal interruption from kicked out cables or—at worst—personal injury.
The BAT solves all these problems. A slender and compact unit, the BAT connects to professional equipment via its XLR connector. A fast, simple 2-step, 2-button arrangement makes pairing and
wireless reception a snap. Now any hard-wired XLR-equipped system becomes wireless, with all the advantages of not having long hard-wired cable runs, and most importantly, no sacrifice of audio quality.
- XLR-equipped rechargeable Bluetooth receiver.
- Internal, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery (USB power adapter also included).
- Stream audio wirelessly to mixers or powered loudspeakers.
- Bluetooth links two receivers for cable-free stereo playback.
- USB port for charging or continuous AC power for fixed use.
- Compact and lightweight: only 14 oz.
BAT will be available in Q2 2016, priced at MSRP £34.99 GBP.
Alto Professional has also introduced the Transport 12, a portable AC/battery-powered sound system.
The TRANSPORT 12 is an ultra-portable AC/battery-powered sound system that solves the dilemma of delivering true high-fidelity sound when there is no access to AC power in a compact, easily transportable footprint.
The TRANSPORT 12 accomplishes this by operating for up to 8 hours off its built-in rechargeable battery, which provides an AC cord-free power supply for its internal digital Class D amplifier. The amplifier drives a high-output 12-inch 2-way speaker system.
Transport 12 features
- Full musical range frequency response: 70–20kHz.
- 2-way active speaker (12” woofer, 1” compression HF driver).
- Built-in rechargeable sealed lead acid battery provides up to 8 hours of sound.
- 200 watts Class D power.
- Selectable Voice Priority switch for ducking the music when making announcements.
- USB/SD MP3/WAV Player for unattended playback.
- Informative, clear LCD display.
- Two-wheel system with retractable handle for easy transportability.
- XLR ¼-inch combo input with Mic/Line level selector switch.
- RCA Aux Input connector.
- 2-band bass/treble EQ.
- 4-point battery level indicator.
- Standard 35mm pole-mount socket.
- Compact size (H x W x D) 24 x 15 x 14.75″ (609 x 381 x 374mm).
- Lightweight 35.29 lbs. (16kg).
The Transport 12 will be available in Q2 2016 with an MSRP of £279.99 GBP.
More information: Alto Professional