IK Multimedia has announced version 4.7 of AmpliTube iOS, adding new branded amp and stompbox models for the iPhone and iPad version of its guitar & bass tone studio.
IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube and AmpliTube CS apps for iPhone and iPad now offer ten new officially licensed models that are available for in-app purchase.
Users of both the AmpliTube for iPhone and AmpliTube for iPad apps – or the free AmpliTube CS versions – can enjoy the new amp, cab and stompbox models, which are offered as in-app purchases either individually or inside several bundles.
The following models are new.
- Dr. Z – Z Wreck — It rocks, it twangs, and it provides incredible touch sensitivity to go along with killer tone. Push the volume past 12 on this 30W tube head and it will start getting crunchy. Turn the volume up higher and listen to it scream. With the amp set for crunch, roll off the guitar volume to get a clean tone without harshness.
- Jet City – JCA100H — With two channels of Soldano tone and its pure tube power, this amp was made for the big stage. The Normal channel has plenty of headroom to deliver clear, bright clean tones and can also be driven hard enough to get downright raunchy. The Overdrive channel is based on the circuit that made Soldano famous.
- Orange – Dual Terror — This Twin channel 30-watt guitar head features a unique two-stage preamp with massive tonal range using just three controls per channel. The Fat Channel delivers warmer tones whilst the Tiny Terror Channel has the sonic character of the original Tiny Terror.
- Carvin – V3M — This 50-watt amp delivers awesome power with incredible tone and lush reverb. It offers “Pristine Clean” for shimmering highs and deep bass. “Classic rock” offers the deepest metal crunch or continuous sustain. Or, switch to another channel for rich harmonics infused from the “Soak” control for rich Jazz or country blues. Each channel incorporates its own character drive switches – “Bright” to “Soak” and “Thick” to “Intense” with EQ switches expanding the tone.
- Morley – Contour Wah — One of the most versatile yet modern sounding wah pedals. Thanks to its array of controls, it can be tweaked to suit many styles and sounds. The Contour and Level controls let users fine tune the high end response and personality of the pedal from mellow to bright and cutting, while the Auto-off feature adds tremendous flexibility to the pedal’s functionality. Works with Bass guitar, too.
- T-Rex – Replica — The T-Rex Replica offers astonishingly warm tone, with the perfect mix of controls to deliver everything the most demanding guitarists could ask for in a delay. The Replica is used by guitar heroes from Pete Townsend to John Mayer to deliver their classic sounds.
- Seymour Duncan – Shape Shifter — This amazing stomp box reproduces the hypnotic, pulsing tremolo sound characteristic of ‘50s tube amps. It can also produce crazy and innovative tones never heard before. With its detailed “Wave” and “Shape” controls, it is one of the most versatile tremolo stomp boxes available. With a quick swell and a slow drop, the effect is percussive like a piano. Conversely, with a slow swell and a sudden drop, the result is reminiscent of a tape played backwards.
- Wampler – Pinnacle Deluxe — The Pinnacle Deluxe captures the original “Brown Sound” of early plexi-style amplifiers pushed to the limits, the trademark of many rock guitarists of the late ’70s and early ’80s, Eddie Van Halen to name just one. It can act as a mild overdrive, or, via the “Boost” switch, it can generate a thick amount of distortion on its own. The “Tone” knob covers the overall brightness of the distortion, while the “Contour” knob lets users scoop or boost mids.
- Dr. Z – 2×12 Z Wreck — The cabinet section of the Z Wreck combo amp.
- Carvin – 2×12 V3M — Cabinet with 2×12″ speakers matched to the V3M amp head.
All are officially licensed models that offer the true sound and feel players expect from those brands.
The new models are available now for version 4.7 of the AmpliTube or AmpliTube CS apps for iPhone and iPad. They can be purchased a la carte via the in-app shop for only $3.99 USD per stomp or $6.99 USD per amp with matching cab.
They’re also available collectively inside the AmpliTube Deluxe bundle as well as inside the All-Amps Collection 2018, All Stomps Collection 2018 and All-In Bundle 2018 bundles. They are free to users who have already purchased these bundles.
More information: IK Multimedia