Analogue Drums has launched BlackSmith, a virtual drum instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
BlackSmith is a modern metal workhorse with an aggressive yet toneful sound. This kit will lay an unshakable foundation for any metal track, or any other genre where a tight punchy articulate kit is called for.
BlackSmith gives you several mic layers to blend to your taste, easily taking the sound of the kit from clean and tight to spacious or dirty with the push of a fader. Three swappable snare variations help fit the kit to your track.
The kit we sampled is a top-of-the-line Sonor SQ2 Acrylic set, with three snare options, and classic Zildjian A Custom cymbals. The kit was sampled in Melbourne’s Sing Sing South studio, a medium sized tracking room.
- Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 7 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics, and 6x round-robin hits for every single zone for realistic performances.
- Mic layers: 6x individually controllable mic layers: Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom
- eKit mode switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
- Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
- Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
- Presets: for quickly accessing different sounds.
- Trigger maps: for sound replacement: kick, snare, toms – each with separated mic layers
BlackSmith is available to purchase for $29 USD. Requires Kontakt 4.2+ full retail version.
More information: Analogue Drums