Analogue Solutions has announced that it is accepting second batch preorders for Fusebox, a 3 VCO true analogue monosynth with the legendary Analogue Solutions vintage synth sound.
The synth is designed by Tom Carpenter, a user and collector of vintage sounds, and a musician with a passion for electronic music.
As implied by the REAL ANALOGUE VOICE & MODULATION CIRCUITS ‘caption’ boldly blazoned across a brightly-coloured orange panel fronting a no- compromise steel/aluminium-constructed casing (with no plastic mouldings) that’s sure to stand out from (the sound) of the crowd — to partially paraphrase the early-Eighties British breakthrough hit from synth-pop pioneers The Human League (who have a soft spot for Analogue Solutions synthesizers themselves), Fusebox is a true analogue monophonic synthesizer in a smart, small package.
Analogue as in really analogue. Aside from the MIDI-to-CV circuit, which, by its very nature, must include a digital element, everything else is absolutely analogue. For Fusebox trades on real transistors and op-amps — no CPU (Central Processing Unit) stabilised and quantised circuits, no DCOs (Digitally-Controlled Oscillators), and no digital EGs (Envelope Generators), as are often found on other so-called analogue synthesizers.
Since the circuitry is based on designs dating back to the mid- Seventies, Fusebox proudly possesses a truly vintage sound. The kind of sound that the likes of The Human League made their own and continue to trade on to this day during an analogue renaissance that’s still showing no signs of abating anytime soon.
- 3 VCOs each featuring Sawtooth and Square wave.
- All have CV inputs for Pitch and Pulse width.
- Manual Pulse width.
- VCO 1 also has an Octave switch and Cross modulation switch (FM).
- VCO 2 has a Wide range switch – to make the Tune range very wide (down to LF!). It also has oscillator Sync.
- VCO 3 also has a Wide range switch. Also, MIDI pitch control can be disabled to make this a free running oscillator. Ideal for modulation duties.
- VCO 2 and 3 can both be used as LFOs.
- White Noise.
- Sub oscillator, taken from VCO 3.
- Mixer – with Mute switches and additional audio inputs.
- Multimode 12db filter – featuring Low pass, High pass, Band pass, and Notch filters.
- VCA – with EG and Thru (bypass) switch.
- LFO – with delay (fade in) feature.
- 2 Envelope Generators. With Triggering options.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Interval Generator. A special type of pitch transposer. You can set 6 different pitches to each of the switches, and then transpose the VCOs manually to create performances. Great when used in conjunction with the arpeggiator and / or patternator.
- Arpeggiator – Using a MIDI keyboard program in notes to arpeggiate!
- The arpeggiator can also be used as a simple 16 note sequencer.
- The arpeggiator will transmit the notes to MIDI Out
- Patternator – this is a unique type of sequencer / rhythm generator.
- Use the 4 CV control to create melodic loops – change the the loop using the Skip and Reset switches in real time!
- Use the 2 Beat knobs to alter the 8 step gate / trigger pattern generator.
- Unique artistic case design. 5 minutes with a screwdriver and the plan can be flipped, allowing the synth to be laid flat.
- Real analogue hard wood sides, from a sustainable source.
- MIDI to CV output socket including clock.
- All circuits have extensive minijack input and output sockets. It can be cross-patched within its self to create an infinite range of sounds. Or it can be cross patched with other synths and modulars.
The UK price for Fusebox is £1,140 GBP (excluding VAT), available from UK dealers and Analogue Solutions directly. Dealers will start seeing stock arrive as of October 2017.
North American availability of Fusebox is being handled via Voltage & Company with a retail price of $1,599 USD, while (most) EU distribution is being handled by Sonic Sales, priced at 1,519 EUR (including VAT).