API has announced that it is shipping the 512v, a highly musical and rich-sounding analog mic preamp.
The API 512v is a mic / line / instrument preamp, world famous for its ability to provide a low noise (-129 EIN) and unusually good sounding front end for all types of audio applications.
Sonically, it delivers the instantly recognizable API sound at an affordable price, and in the scalable API 500 Series format. Offering an impressive 65 dB of gain, the 512v includes front panel Variable Output control, switchable 3:1 output transformer selection, phantom power, switchable polarity, -20 dB pad, and Mic or Instrument/Line selector.
The front panel Combo-style XLR and 1/4 inch connector combined with rear panel mic access allows for additional flexibility when installed into an API lunchbox®, API’s 10 position 500V vertical rack, or into an API console.
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain.
- Variable Output Level Control.
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection.
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access.
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain.
- Front Panel Combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch Line/Instrument Input.
- LED VU meter for Gain Level indication.
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument.
- 48v Phantom switchable power.
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design with 2520 Op Amp.
- Features API’s unique Five Year Warranty.
The API 512v is available for purchase for MSRP $995 USD.