Apple has released version 2.1 of its GarageBand for iOS music app.
GarageBand for iOS is the most popular music creation app in the world. And now, more than ever, it’s easy to see why.
A wide range of instruments at your command and new features like Live Loops and Drummer make creating your own songs even more exciting.
And you can do it all right from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch — so it’s easy to create incredible beats no matter where you are. Then share them, across the room or across the globe, with just a few taps.
Changes in GarageBand for iOS v2.1
- Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures.
- Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves.
- Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time.
- Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track.
- Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor.
- Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs.
- Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds.
- Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously.
- Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions.
- Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive.
- Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch.
GarageBand for iOS is available for purchase for $4.99 USD.