Armando Montanez has released SimpleSide, a volume automation plugin for Windows and Mac. It can be used to create side-chain type volume ducking.
SimpleSide is an audio plugin that uses a curve to change volume over a temp-synced period. Think of it like a drawable volume LFO.
- Adjustable rate that temp-syncs with host.
- Adjustable ramp-up or ramp-down for each sub-curve.
- Unlimited number of sub-curves.
- Wet/dry mix knob to adjust the blend of the plugin with the original signal.
- Sample-accurate automation of rate and blend.
SimpleSide is available for Windows and Mac in 64-bit VST and AU plugin formats. It is released under GPL.