Arturia has announced the availability of its BeatStep portable pad controller.
Chameleon-like in its many control options, BeatStep is designed to work with DAWs, loop triggering software, VST instruments or effects, MIDI hardware, or even CV/Gate-equipped analogue instruments like Arturia’s own award-winning MiniBrute Analog Synthesizer or other manufacturers’ models — vintage classics or more modern contemporaries alike.
Try triggering audio clips within powerful, flexible software environments such as Ableton Live or playing drum parts in conjunction with the likes of FXpansion BFD or Toontrack EZdrummer… it’s as easy as exercising your trigger fingers!
- MIDI controller Mode – RED LED MODE.
- Step Sequencer mode – BLUE LED MODE.
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- 16 encoders.
- 16 MIDI Controller presets.
- 16 Sequence presets.
- Works with MIDI Control Center Editor.
- Internal and External clocking.
- CV outputs.
- USB I/O.
- MIDI output.
- iPAD compatibility (using camera connection kit).
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC.
- Kensington Lock.
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adaptor.
- USB Class compliant (no drivers).
BeatStep is available to purchase for 99 EUR/$129 USD (MSRP).