Arturia has launched BeatStep Pro, an all-new world-class controller and dynamic performance step sequencer, at the NAMM Show 2015, January 22-25 in Anaheim, California.
Designed for hands-on hardware sequencing, the BeatStep Pro brings two fully independent melodic sequencers and one drum sequencer.
You can from the BeatStep Pro manage a full performance, controlling software instruments, analog and digital synthesizers, drum machines and drum kits, iPad apps.
The melodic sequencers offer up to 64 steps per sequence, 16 sequences per project and 16 projects, making them the most impressive step sequencers ever made.
The additional drum sequencer allows for 16 separate tracks of sequencing. Record in real-time via the pads or use the step buttons for a classic drum machine workflow.
BeatStep Pro features
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence.
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step.
- Note tie.
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode.
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes.
- 16 Projects, each with 16×2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls.
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings.
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip.
- Independent swing amount per sequence.
- Touch sensitive knobs.
- Tap Tempo.
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates).
- 8 drum gate outputs.
- Clock sync with multiple standards.
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors.
- USB class compliant.
- Kensington lock.
BeatStep Pro will be available for purchase in April, 2015, priced at $299 USD/249 EUR.