Arturia has announced the release of its new virtual instrument SQ80 V, a faithful and enhanced software emulation of the ’80s classic Ensoniq digital synthesizer.
With a unique voice centered around the combination of waveforms and wavetables, its signature gritty sound combines digital oscillators with an emulated analog filter and amp for characterful textures ranging from edgy to ambient.
Explore hard industrial textures, hybrid lo-fi character, and thousands of unique waveform combinations in a quick-fire softsynth based on a digital ‘80s classic. SQ80 V is an instrument that’s simultaneously complex and accessible, focused and intricate, edgy and dream-like – and unlike anything you’ve heard.
SQ80 V has been modeled to accurately reproduce the gritty yet colorful texture of its predecessor’s 8-bit DOC chip, expertly enhanced with extra sounds, features, and functionality for modern producers.
SQ80 V features
- 3 digital oscillators based on the original DOC chip.
- Over 400 waveforms across 4 unique banks.
- Amplitude Modulation and Hard Sync.
- 4 analog DCAs; 1 for each oscillator, 1 master output.
- Analog resonant low-pass filter based on the original CEM chip.
- 4 polyphonic envelope generators with 3 modes; SQ80, DADSR, MSEG.
- 3 LFOs with 6 waveforms.
- 8 MIDI sources.
- Modulation mixer for combining 2 modulation sources.
- Built-in 7-mode arpeggiator.
- Up to 16-voice polyphony with Unison mode.
- 4 FX slots across 2 busses, configurable in series or parallel.
- 15 master effect types.
- Advanced Brightness, Timbre, Time and Movement macro controls.
- 200+ factory presets, including 40 from the original SQ-80 instrument.
- MPE compatibility.
Arturia celebrates the launch of SQ80 V with Dust Materials and Raw Machinery, 2 brand new sound banks offered for every SQ80 V purchase until October 5th, 2021.
New and registered customers can benefit from discounts of up to 50% off SQ80 V during the introductory promotion at Arturia and from distributor Plugin Boutique. Additionally, a bundle with V Collection 8 is available with up to 70% off.