Arturia has announced the availability of the BeatStep Pro, a MIDI controller, performance sequencer and composing tool.
Two independent melodic sequencers and a drum sequencer put thousands of on-the-spot ideas at your disposal.
With BeatStep Pro you are master of the performance, taking full control of virtual devices, analog and digital instruments, drum machines and iPad apps all at once. 16 Projects are instantly accessible, each of which contains 16 sequences per melodic sequencer and 16 patterns for the drum sequencer. That’s over 4000 possible combinations per Project!
Each melodic sequence can be up to 64 steps long with individual articulation of pitch, velocity and gate time per note. These are the most powerful step sequencers ever made. The drum sequencer has 16 separate tracks per sequence (one per pad). Record in real time from the pads or use the step buttons for that classic drum machine workflow.
BeatStep Pro features
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence.
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step.
- Note tie.
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode.
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes.
- 16 Projects, each with 16×2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls.
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings.
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip.
- Independent swing amount per sequence.
- Touch sensitive knobs.
- Tap Tempo.
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates).
- 8 drum gate outputs.
- Clock sync with multiple standards.
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors.
- USB class compliant.
- Kensington lock.
BeatStep Pro costs 249 EUR. BeatStep Pro will be available for shipping by July 20th. Check your local dealer for in-store availability.