Arturia has announced that the most hotly anticipated member of the Arturia Step family is to be revealed at NAMM 2020 in Anaheim, California. KeyStep Pro gives keyboard players incredible sequencing and performance power in a compact, versatile controller.
KeyStep Pro is a 37-key MIDI controller and multi-channel polyphonic sequencer all in one. It will allow musicians to take full control of their modular rigs, outboard synths, and software studio all at the same time.
The 4 independent polyphonic sequencer tracks give you full control over your instruments, and Track 1 can also function as a 16-part integrated drum sequencer. It’s incredibly intuitive, has unparalleled connectivity, and promises to make even complex performances a breeze.
If you prefer keys to pads, you’ll love KeyStep Pro. It sports a great-feeling 3 octave keyboard with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch.
Letting you fully articulate your musical ideas, this expressive little sequencer truly puts your whole music-making ecosystem at your fingertips.
Arturia’s designers studied the way musicians actually used their Step controllers, and created KeyStep Pro to remove the barriers between you and the music you want to create.
KeyStep Pro features
- 37 note slim keys, velocity and aftertouch sensitive with LED above each key for efficient visual feedback.
- Four track step sequencer with 16 step buttons, up to 64 steps per sequence and up to 16 notes of polyphony per step.
- Melodic sequencer featuring real-time recording, step recording, and step editing. Pitch, velocity, gate length, time shift and probability for each note. Scale quantization with user scales, and polyphonic CV outputs.
- 24 part Drum Sequencer with polyrhythm.
- Performance-oriented sequencer including forward and two random playing modes, pattern randomization, quantized or unquantized recording and a looper.
- Arpeggiator with 7 arpeggiator modes and a 5 octave range.
- Chord mode.
- Controller mode with 5 encoders to send CCs. Automate CCs.
- Crisp OLED display.
- 4x (CV, Gate, Mod) outputs + 8 drum gate outputs.
- 1 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out, USB, Clock synchronization.
- Metronome with included speaker and line output.
- Sustain pedal input.
Arturia will demonstrate the KeyStep Pro at NAMM 2020 in Hall A, booth 11910. The new member of the Step family will begin shipping worldwide in Spring 2020 at a retail price of $449 USD/399 EUR.
More information: Arturia