Arturia has announced the release of a firmware update for its flagship morphing synthesizer PolyBrute.
PolyBrute’s first major firmware update vastly expands the flagship Brute’s powerful morphing abilities, introducing a number of creative enhancements, inspiring presets, and radical features, for free.
PolyBrute is more than a synthesizer – it’s a 6-voice analog powerhouse, with unprecedented expressivity and sound morphing capabilities, built to let you perform fearlessly, compose with fluidity, and explore sound in perpetual motion.
Changes in PolyBrute V2.0 firmware
- New Effects: Add an additional final EQ stage with 7 shapes to choose from, plus a vintage-style Ensemble effect for massive stereo width.
- Synth Accuracy: You can now adjust the accuracy of controls like OSC pulse width, filter settings, unquantized LFO rate and more for a humanized feel.
- Chord Mode: Simply hold ‘Polyphony’ and play up to 6 notes to set your chord voicing, allowing you to play chords with a single note on the keyboard.
- Duophonic Aftertouch: Configure Aftertouch to only apply to the last note or group of notes you press, leaving previously held notes unchanged.
- LFO 3 Curve Enhancements: Set PolyBrute’s third LFO curve to respond differently for further modulation control within your patch. On top of triangles, bells, and spikes, you can now access exponential to logarithmic envelope-like shapes.
- Real-time Display Feedback: PolyBrute’s screen now displays parameter names and values in real-time, so you can stay on top of every little sonic tweak.
- Expanded preset library: Explore 64 additional factory presets designed by world-class sound designers, expanding PolyBrute’s sonic vocabulary.
PolyBrute is available for purchase for 2,699 EUR / $2,999 USD. PolyBrute users can download the V2.0 Soundshaper firmware via MIDI Control Center and on the Arturia website.
More information: Arturia