Arturia has launched Synclavier V 2, an update to the virtual instrument that offers a faithful recreation of the Synclavier digital synthesizer/workstation.
The update comes with a new resynthesis engine, sample playback mode, timeline improvements and lots more.
Originally released in 2016 as part of V Collection 5, Synclavier V gave a whole new generation of musicians access to the ground breaking sound and features of the revolutionary late-70s digital synth. Developed in partnership with the original instrument’s inventor, Cameron Jones, Synclavier V went above and beyond the capabilities of the hardware produced between the late 70s and early 90s.
However, New England Digital also produced many optional add-ons for the Synclavier, such as a sample playback module and a resynthesis engine, that were not emulated in Arturia’s release of Synclavier V 2.Today, that changes.
With the release of Synclavier V 2, alongside many other workflow enhancements and improvements, Arturia and Cameron Jones are proud to announce that Synclavier now includes sampling capabilities and an exciting resynthesis engine for musicians, producers, and sound designers to explore.
Changes in Synclavier V2
- New resynthesis engine with up to 100 analysis points.
- Sample playback mode.
- Timeline improvements, including doubling frames from 50 to 100; added global frame speed offset; a new frame tuning parameter; new loop mode; frames can now be synced to host BPM grid; the ability to move only one frame on the timeline by Shift + Drag; and refined Solo/Copy/Paste/Delete timeline workflow..
- Modulation tab improvements, including the addition of Vibrato and Stereo LFO; and Amp and Harmonic envelopes added as modulation sources..
- Keyboard dynamics improvements.
- Ability to choose Keyboard, Velocity or Mod Wheel as input sources.
- New copy/paste modes: only one selected tab or all tabs.
- Cosmetics improvements, including LFOs in screen view, envelopes global offsets, tabs order, merge FX and setting pages, timeline real time feedback, ruler auto-zoom, envelopes and timeline bound scroll..
- New opening mode for hardware upper panel.
- Harmonic phase histograms are now displayed in degrees (-179°/+180°).
- Additional template presets with a HQ Simple Sine.
- Presets revamped with volume leveling and assignation of mod wheel and sustain pedal.
- All former settings page parameters are now stored in presets.
Synclavier V 2 (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available from Arturia and distributor Plugin Boutique priced at $199 USD. The upgrade is to all owners of Synclavier V, or Arturia’s V Collection 5 and V Collection 6.